This is a time of enormous change in benefits, in particular how housing support will be met for those on low incomes in the future. For a number of years the DWP/Local Authority will be running parallel schemes of old benefits including Housing Benefit before the complete move over to Universal Credit for those of working age sometime around 2017.
Some tenants living in ‘exempt accommodation’ will remain on Housing Benefit in the medium term and there will a need for staff to still have an understanding of this system.
For older people the changes related to Housing Benefit are expected to begin sometime after October 2014 when this benefit will begin to be replaced by an expanded Pension Credit with inclusive housing costs.
Make sure staff keep up to date.
I do offer limited one to one training at a reasonable cost if it is in the Bristol / surrounding area.
I can provide your organisation with in-house training on a wide range of issues on:
- Welfare Reform as it relates to general needs and supported housing providers
- Universal Credit: Housing Costs
- Housing Benefit – introductory, Intermediate and Advanced levels
- Personal Independence Payments
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Older People and Welfare Reform
- Young People and Universal Credit
These can be run at varying levels according to your needs.
Pricing will vary according to location and content of course, contact me for a quote.